We will lay-away, a specific item (or items) for you, if requested to do so, under the following terms:
For Lay-away Orders in Amounts totaling $100 up
We will require an advance deposit of 25% of the amount of the total order. This can be in the form of a personal check, or the deposit can be put on a credit or debit card, or Pay-Pal. The item(s) will be held for a period up to four months, during which time you may make payments on it however you like, or pay the balance when shipped. If the transaction is not concluded during the four month period, the item(s) will be offered for sale again to the general public and the amount paid will be forfeited. It is up to you, the customer, to remember to make the payments - no notice or statement will be sent reminding you of the payments due. We will not accept "lay-away" for orders for less than $100 total ($25 down). There may be several items on the order which individually cost less, but the total order must be at least $100 in order to place them on lay-away.
For Lay-away Orders in Amounts totaling $1000 or
We will require an advance deposit of 20% of the amount of the total order. This can be in the form of a personal check, or the deposit can be put on a credit or debit card, or Pay-Pal. The item(s) will be held for a period up to six months, during which time you may make payments on it however you like, or pay the balance when shipped. If the transaction is not concluded during the six month period, the item(s) will be offered for sale again to the general public and the amount paid will be forfeited. It is up to you, the customer, to remember to make the payments - no notice or statement will be sent reminding you of the payments due.
There is a limit of two lay-away orders per customer at any one time - there may be several items per order, but only two active lay-away orders per customer, please. Once something is put on lay-away, there is no changing-of-the-mind and cancelling the lay-away with expectations of a refund of the amount paid. One purpose of a lay-away is to remove it from the market for your convenience and prevent other customers from buying it. It is not fair to deny another customer a purchase, to later have the person who put the item on lay-away change their mind.
To place something on lay-away, send in a regular Lay-Away Order, and specify the amount you wish to pay down, and on the order tell us to "Put on Lay-away". (There is a "Comment" section on the order to say this) Or, place a phone order and tell us it is for Lay-Away. It does not matter how the order is placed, as long as we know what you want done!
To make a payment on an existing lay-away, just fill out a regular order, show your credit card info, or indicate payment by Pay-Pal, your name, and the amount you want to pay. On the order, just tell us "Payment on Previous Order" (there is a place for this on the order form). This is all you need to do. You don't need the Item numbers, the cost of the Items, or how much you have already paid - we already know this. Or, you can call us, or e-mail us - just tell us your name, and how much you want to pay at this time if it's to be charged to the same card used in the original order, or by using Pay-Pal.
Once something is put on lay-away, it may remain on the web site UNTIL a new Item is put on in it's place. This may be a day, a week, a month, who knows? But it does NOT mean the item is no longer on lay-away. There is no point on leaving it displayed on the web when it is no longer for sale. Your lay-away will be here, safe and sound, in a bin with your name on it even tho you can't find it on the Web Site. The only way it will leave your bin, is for it to be paid for and sent to you, or, if the four or six months (depending on the size of the order) has passed it will be back on the web for sale to anyone who orders it.
On any Native American item purchased from us, we will have repaired, or replaced, as needed, for a period of three months after the purchase provided the needed repair is not due to mis-use or abuse of the product. These repairs will be done at our expense. We do not guarantee or repair Non -Native American Jewelry purchased from us.
For Repair of Items not Covered in our One Year Repair Policy, or items Purchased Elsewhere
We have no shop, and do no repairs ourselves. We are not silversmiths, nor do we have the tools. We will, if requested, take the item to either Navajo or Zuni silversmiths to be repaired. We do not know the cost of these repairs until after the work is done, but they are normally very reasonable. So, don't ask for a quote on repair, we can't tell you. Also, be aware that the time to get something repaired will be from one month to two, or even three or four months from the time you send it to us. So, if you are gonna bug us about "when will we get it back", please don't send it to us for repair. You have been warned about the time it takes. The Native silversmiths do not get in a hurry - but - they DO do good work. Please read the details on this subject on page #91A.
Except for gifts as explained above, items returned for credit
(which are in their original condition) after the 20 day period
but before six months, we will allow a credit for of 50% of the purchase
price. After six months, we will allow no credit for returns.
Items returned to us as "Customer Refused", or "Unknown Address" or
"Addressee Unknown" or for some other delivery problem which was not our
fault, we will allow a credit of 50% of the purchase price.
Notice On "Native American" or "Indian" or "American Indian" Made Products
Most of the products on our website have been designed and hand made by Native Americans. However, many of these artists, despite their birth and heritage, cannot legally call their work Native American made. The U.S. Government has created a law and system making it difficult for many true Native American artists to obtain the proper tribal registration and identification due to the lengthy and complicated process. While many of the Native American artists do indeed have the proper registration and census number, some of them do not. Therefore, you will see below our disclaimer, which is:
"We do not warrant or represent that any particular item which is sold or offered for sale herein is an authentic Indian art or craft as defined by the laws of the State of Nevada, the laws of the United States, or the laws of any other jurisdiction."
And there is this note of caution! We know of no person who can look at a piece of jewelry and say for a fact who made it, unless that person either witnessed it being made, or made it themselves. We have many years of experience with this type of jewelry, and can tell many times by it's style and design who made it. Some, we cannot tell which artist, but we can normally tell which tribe made or designed it. A bracelet, for example, cannot talk. A name engraved on it cannot talk. A "certificate" attached to it cannot talk. (Blank certificates, by the way, are for sale in jewelry supply shops - just fill them out, and there you have a "Certificate of Authenticity". We don't believe in using these.) Even though we have many, many years experience in buying and selling the type of jewelry seen on these pages, we do not, and can not, claim to know for an absolute fact who, how, or when it was made. Accordingly, we may indicate "Navajo", "Santo Domingo", "Hopi", "Zuni", or other such descriptions which means it is our belief that the piece being shown represents the style of a particular tribe as we know it. It does not mean that we are saying for a fact that it was made by any particular tribe. We are traders and do not claim mystic powers.
Our shipping and handling fee is free to any place in the United States. For USPS Express shipments to United States destinations, the fee is $0 plus the actual charges made by the delivering carrier.
For shipments to foreign destinations, the shipping and handling fee is also $35 per order but it will not be insured. We will use our judgement in shipping to foreign destinations.
The following Terms may need explaining:
1. "Sold" means it is gone - shipped to a customer, and we have no more of this item. We may get more someday, and if so, we will remove the "Sold" sign. If we are unable to get more like this item, it will be removed completely from the web site.
2. "On lay-away" means a customer has the item reserved, has put money down on it, and we have no more items like it in stock. If it is not paid for under the lay-away terms, the "Lay-away" sign will come off.
3. The reason you will see so many of the above signs is that most of what we sell are one-of-a-kind. When an item is sold it is a rare occurance when an identical item can be found, but it does happen.
General Notes on Ordering
1. It will do absolutely no good to order anything which is marked either "Sold" or on "Lay-away" - we cannot ship it. It is either gone from here, or is being paid for by another customer. If the customer defaults, or the item is sent back for some reason, it will be back on the web without the "Sold" or "Lay-away" notation by the price.
2. We get numerous requests to notify someone if an item comes off of "lay-away" and is again for sale, or if a particular item is found on some of our buying trips. Sorry, folks, we can't do this. This would require a data base and follow-up program which we just don't have. There is no use saying we can do this, when we lack the facilities to do so. The best we can suggest, is to join our e-mail list, and check our web site frequently.
3. We do not maintain a customer data base in our computer. We must search thru thousands of old paper records when we need to find information about prior orders, addresses, etc. We are not complaining, but when ordering, please give us all the needed information at that time. There is a "method to our madness" and that is, if it is not in our computer, NO ONE can "hack" our computer and steal your private information! Yes, it's more work for us, but you are fully protected - and to our way of thinking, this is most important.
4. When ordering on our secure order page, after you press the "Submit" button, you will see a page that says "Form Submission Results". This means we have received the order, and you don't need to send it again and again. If your e-mail address on the order is correct, you will recieve an "auto responder" reply, saying the order was received. After we have received the order, and made sure the items are here and available for shipment, we will send another e-mail acknowledging the order. This may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, depending upon where we are at the time. If you did not put your e-mail address on the order, we cannot acknowledge the order, but we will process it anyway if we can.
Our Mailing Address is:
Phone 775 753 5396
FAX 775 753 4093
100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Our "NO QUIBBLE GUARANTEE" protects you. No hassles, guilt trips, silly questionnaires, and absolutely no BS! If you do not like any merchandise purchased from us, for any reason, return it, undamaged, within 20 days, for a full refund (this is a refund, not a "Store Credit") of your purchase price NO QUESTIONS ASKED - YOU ARE THE FINAL JUDGE. No, you don't need to call us and ask for permission. Just send it back. No hassle!